"Going green" can be a confusing proposition and seem daunting if you don't know where to begin or what you can do to have the biggest impact on your family, home and environment. Throughout the month of April, we will be giving you easy ideas and suggestions for making your life a bit more earth-friendly. From The Cleaning Lady to Plan B Mom, we've got you covered head to toe...or attic to basement...or top to bottom. You get the idea!
Green and environmentally - friendly cleaning tips from The Cleaning Lady:
- The Benefits of Cleaning with Lemons
- Baking Soda-An Essential Cleaning Tool
- Clean Your Car the "Green" Way
- Using an Outdoor Clothes Line
- Vinegar-The Miracle Cleaner
Evette Rios adds her two cents to cleaning the safe way!
Earth-friendly ideas for families:
- Five Easy Ways You and Your Family Could Go Green
- Go Green: Reusable Bags Farmer's Markets and CSAs
- Which plastics are safe? Water bottles, baby bottles, lunch kits and more
- Caring for your lawn the natural way
- Water Saving Tips
- Give your kids the "green quiz"
Mariel Hemingway, Rachael's pal and famous advocate of all things "green" and organic, shares her thoughts:
You can buy Mariel's new book,Mariel's Kitchen on amazon.com.
Another Rachael friend, Louisa Shafia has given us her take on healthy eating:
You can get Louisa's new book, Lucid Food, Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life, here