- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces on an angle
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat the EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until caramel colored, stirring occasionally.
Pour 1-inch of water into a skillet and bring to boil. Add salt and asparagus and cook 3 minutes, drain.
Stir mustard, thyme and pepper into onions and toss with asparagus to coat.