- 20 jumbo shrimp, deveined and peeled with tail left on
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Juice of 1 large lemon, plus 1 tablespoon grated peel and wedges for serving
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- One tube prepared plain or sun-dried tomato polenta (18 ounces), cut into 12 slices
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 head escarole, chopped
- One can butter beans (15.5 ounces), rinsed
Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a shallow dish, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons EVOO, the lemon peel, paprika and cayenne.
Brush the polenta with 3 tablespoons EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and grill the shrimp and polenta, turning once, until the shrimp is opaque and the polenta is charred, about 6 minutes. Pour 1 tablespoon lemon juice over the shrimp.
In a large bowl, combine the remaining lemon juice, the mustard and garlic. Whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons EVOO. Add the escarole and beans; toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve the shrimp over the polenta slices, with the lemon wedges and salad.