- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, such as Madras-style
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 pound deli-sliced chicken breast or 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed from bones and chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in half, then sliced into half moons
- Romaine lettuce, for serving
- Crackers or whole wheat pita bread, to serve alongside
In a medium size bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder and some salt and pepper, to taste. (If the dressing is thick, thin it out with a splash of water so it's the consistency of a vinaigrette.)
Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss well to coat.
Serve the chicken salad over lettuce with crackers or pita bread alongside.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.