- 1 package pound cake mix (16 ounces)
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter (melted)
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces) Note: Do NOT use evaporated milk!
- 2 cups pumpkin (16 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts, pecans preferred
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
In large mixer bowl, on low speed, combine the cake mix, 1 egg, margarine/butter and 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, until crumbly.
Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 15x10-inch jelly roll pan or a Rachael Ray Bubble and Brown Baker.
In large mixer bowl, beat the cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk; then the remaining 2 eggs, the pumpkin and the remaining 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix well.
Pour over the crust and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set.
Cool. Chill, then into bars. Store in the refrigerator.