- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 medium bundles red Swiss chard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup turkey or chicken stock
Soak the cranberries in the red wine.
Heat the EVOO in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and crisp for 3-4 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften. Add the red chard and wilt, 2-3 minutes.
Season the greens with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in the cranberries and wine. Cook for 1 minute, then add in the stock and simmer for a few minutes to combine the flavors.