- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 pound fully cooked, smoked kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 box frozen corn (10 ounces), defrosted
- 4 eggs
Place a large, cast iron skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of oil, about 2 tablespoons. Add the kielbasa to the pan and cook until golden brown, 6-7 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan and reserve.
Add the onion, garlic and jalapeño to the skillet and cook until the onions are tender, 5-6 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, add the potatoes to the pan and season everything with salt and pepper. Cook the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until tender, 25-30 minutes.
Stir the corn and reserved kielbasa into the pan and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Using the back of a spoon, make four small wells in the pan and crack an egg into each. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook until the eggs have set, 4-5 minutes for over-easy. Serve a scoop of hash with an egg on top to each person.