- 1 cup giardiniera (Italian hot vegetable salad), drained
- 1/4 cup salad olives (green olives with pimento)
- 8 slices good-quality crusty white bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 8 slices deli-sliced provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
Heat a griddle to medium heat.
In a food processor, pulse-chop the salad and olives into a fine relish. Spread four slices of bread with relish and top each with two slices of cheese and a slice of bread. Butter the outside of the sammies with softened butter and grill until golden on both sides, 4-5 minutes total. Cut and serve.