- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup drained piquillo peppers or 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- One 3/4-1-pound package Spanish chorizo, cut on an angle into 12 slices
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- One can diced fire-roasted tomatoes (15 ounces), drained
- One can black beans (15 ounces), rinsed
- Salt and pepper
In a pot, bring the chicken broth and EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, to a boil. Add the rice, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Using a food processor, puree the piquillo peppers. Stir the puree into the rice along with the parsley and paprika. Cover, turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook until crisp, turning, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Add the chiles, onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and beans; season with salt and pepper.
Serve the rice in shallow bowls topped with the beans and chorizo.