- 2 pounds sirloin tips, trimmed and cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup white vermouth or dry white wine
Bring meat to room temperature and pat dry. Heat the EVOO in large, heavy skillet or cast iron skillet over medium-high to high heat. When the oil smokes, add the meat and caramelize before turning. Once evenly browned all over, about 5 minutes, season liberally with salt and pepper, add the garlic and toss with the meat for 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley and a little lemon zest and cook for another minute. Add the white vermouth and deglaze the pan. Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.