- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 slices smoky bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small box biscuit mix, such as Jiffy brand, or measured mix for 8 drop biscuits
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
Pre-heat the oven according to the package directions for the drop biscuits.
Heat a small skillet with a drizzle of EVOO over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
Put the biscuit mix in a bowl and add the bacon, 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings and the nutmeg. Add any additional ingredients according to the package directions to form a drop biscuit. Fold in half of the cheese and arrange the drop biscuits on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops of the biscuits with the remaining cheese and bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes.
Remove the biscuits from the oven to a serving dish or bread basket and serve hot.