- 4 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated or finely chopped (a couple of tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce) or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce (eyeball it)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup or honey (eyeball it)
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all fat and connective tissue and cut into pieces about 3-4 inches in diameter to fit slider-size rolls
- Salt and pepper
- Canola oil, for drizzling
- 1 bunch scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 12 brioche dinner rolls or slider rolls, such as Pepperidge Farm brand
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, thinly sliced
- Quick Kimchi Slaw, for topping
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
Combine the garlic, ginger, Tamari, hot sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and honey or syrup in a blender.
Season the meat with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil. Place the chicken pieces on the grill and cook for a couple of minutes on each side to mark, then baste them heavily with the sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes more, turning and basting frequently.
Sprinkle the chicken with scallions and sesame seeds and serve on slider rolls topped with cucumber slices and slaw.