- 1 loaf sesame semolina or crusty baguette, bakery sliced
- 1 can white beans (15-18-ounces), rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons sesame tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Coarsely chopped green or black olives
- Chopped parsley and basil leaves
- Chopped roasted red peppers
- Chopped hot pickled vegetables (giardiniera)
Pre-heat the oven to 325°F. Toast the bread for 7-8 minutes.
Place the beans in food processor with the tahini, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice and some salt. Turn the processor on and stream in a little EVOO, process until smooth, adjust the salt and transfer to a small serving bowl. Garnish with toppings, if you wish (on its own it is still delish), then surround the hummus with toasts for spreading.