- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (1/3 palmful)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, such as McCormick brand Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 8 1/4-inch-thick slices smoked mozzarella or scamorza cheese
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn or shredded
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- Olive oil potato chips
Pre-heat the oven to 425˚F.
Arrange the tomatoes on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
Combine the balsamic vinegar, EVOO, garlic, rosemary, oregano and red pepper flakes in large plastic food storage bag or shallow dish. Set the chicken into the marinade and let stand for 20 minutes.
Heat a grill pan or griddle to medium-high. Shake off the excess marinade from the chicken and place the chicken on the grill. Season with the grill seasoning blend. Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Combine the arugula and basil and pile onto the roll bottoms. Top the greens with a piece of chicken, two pieces of cheese and a couple of oven-roasted tomatoes.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization,