- About 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 ounces each), cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning (about a palmful)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Softened butter, for spreading
- 2 sandwich-size sourdough English muffins, split and toasted
- Thinly sliced English (seedless) cucumbers and red onions, plus a couple handfuls of watercress or upland cress, for topping
In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and honey. Using a food processor, pulse the salmon to finely chop. Place in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of the honey mustard, the chives, Old Bay and lemon zest. Form into four large burgers.
Drizzle some EVOO into a large nonstick skillet or griddle. Add the burgers and cook, turning once, over medium-high heat for 6 minutes for medium-rare, 10-12 minutes for medium-well doneness.
Lightly butter the English muffins. Top each muffin half with the salmon burgers, remaining honey-mustard sauce, sliced cucumbers and onion and the cress. Eat these patties with a knife and fork.