- Kosher salt
- 1 pound pappardelle pasta or other wide ribbon pasta
- 1-1 1/2 pounds pulled braised pork
- 2 cups braising liquid
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pats
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 large bundle arugula, watercress or spinach, washed and trimmed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated nutmeg
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, for garnish
- A handful of flat leaf parsley or celery greens, chopped, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt the water, add the pappardelle, and cook to al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid just before draining the pasta.
Meanwhile, gently heat the pulled pork and braising liquids in a saucepan over medium heat.
Drain the pasta and return it to the hot pot. Toss the pasta with the butter, braised pork, 2 cups braising liquid, lemon juice and starchy water as needed to produce enough sauce to coat the pasta and give the pappardelle movement. Wilt the arugula greens into the pasta and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, to taste. Serve in shallow dishes and top with cheese and parsley.