- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for liberal drizzling
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 red chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
Put the peppers under the broiler to blacken them evenly all over; leave the oven door slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. (Alternatively, char the peppers over an open flame on the stovetop.) Put the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Cool the peppers in order to handle, peel and seed.
Pre-heat a grill pan or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper and the dried herbs; coat with a little EVOO. Season the shrimp with the seafood seasoning and toss with a little EVOO as well.
Coarse chop and put the red bell peppers in a food processor with the vinegar, chili peppers, garlic and about 1/4 cup EVOO and puree into a sauce.
Grill the chicken for 6 minutes on each side. Grill the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side. Toss the chicken and shrimp with the marinade and serve hot or cold or at room temperature.