- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- About 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1/4 pounds very small white mushrooms
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- About 1/3-1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a food processor, process the parsley, onion, bay leaves, garlic, peppercorns, orange zest, thyme leaves, and chili pepper into a paste.
Heat the EVOO, three turns of the pan, in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly brown the mushrooms for about 8-10 minutes, then add the paste to the pan and stir. Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink and firm. Deglaze the pan with sherry; add the butter and toss to melt. Serve immediately.