- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 1 /2 cups creamy peanut butter (not natural-style)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 10 tablespoons melted and cooled butter
- 12 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until combined. Add the graham cracker crumbs and beat on medium speed for 10 seconds. Add the sugar and melted butter and beat to thoroughly combine, scraping the sides and bottom mid-way. Set the filling aside.
Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring and checking frequently to prevent scorching. Roll the peanut butter filling into approximately 1-tablespoon-size balls and place on a parchment paper or on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Roll all the balls before you dip them in the chocolate.
To dip, roll each ball in the chocolate until almost the entire ball is covered, leaving a circle on the top bare. Place the buckeyes back on the sheet pan and place the pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to set the chocolate. Store the buckeyes in the refrigerator for 3-5 days, tightly covered.