- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound button mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 1 large or 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 round tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 1 pound extra wide egg noodles
- 2 cans sustainable line-caught tuna (6 ounces each), drained and flaked
Heat a pot of water to boil for egg noodles. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
In small skillet, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Pour into a small bowl and combine with the panko, cheese and parsley. Reserve.
Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO, a turn of the pan, and the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté to tender, 6-7 minutes. Add the shallots, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and stir for 2-3 minutes more. Sprinkle in the flour and stir for a minute more; whisk in wine, then the half-and-half. Bring the sauce to a bubble, then reduce the heat and thicken to coat the back of a spoon. Stir in the Dijon and tarragon.
While the sauce thickens, cook the egg noodles to al dente.
Combine the flaked tuna with the sauce. Drain the egg noodles and return them to the hot pot. Pour in the tuna and sauce and stir to combine. Transfer to baking dish and top with the breadcrumb topping.
Bake to golden, 15 minutes.