- 2 pounds ground lamb or turkey
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lemon
- 1 Fresno chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- Cooking spray
- Grilled naan bread, for serving
- Melted butter, for brushing
- Chutney, for serving
Combine the ground lamb, yogurt, herbs, cinnamon, garlic, egg, the finely grated zest of the lemon, chili pepper, shallot, some salt and lots of pepper in a large bowl. Form one-quarter of the meat mixture around each of four metal skewers (if you don't have skewers, you can form it into patties). Brush with vegetable oil.
Heat a grill pan or griddle over medium-high heat until very hot, then spray with cooking spray. Add the kabobs and cook, gently turning occasionally, until cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
Brush the naan with melted butter. Cut the lemon into wedges. Serve the kabobs with the naan, lemon wedges, chutney and yogurt.