- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 small rib celery with leafy top, finely chopped
- 1 Fresno or other medium-hot chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12-16 ounces lump crabmeat; picked over for shells
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the starchy cooking water.
While the pasta is working, in a large skillet, heat the EVOO, three turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the shallots, celery, chili pepper, garlic, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook until the veggies are tender, 5 minutes. Add the parsley, hot sauce and lemon zest. Stir in the vermouth and cook to reduce for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice. Stir in the butter to melt. Add the crabmeat and heat through.
Toss the pasta with the crab and reserved pasta cooking water. Top with the scallions.