- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound small cremini mushrooms, whole, lightly wiped down with a damp cloth
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 guindilla peppers, or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and roll
them around in the pan with a rubber spatula to brown evenly on all sides. Once the mushrooms
are nice and seared, reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic while continuing to stir.
Add the peppers or pepper flakes and sauté for 3 minutes, until the garlic starts to wilt, but not
brown. Once the garlic has softened in flavor and texture, add the vinegar and increase the
heat to medium high to glaze the mushrooms.
Pour in the white wine and braise the mushrooms until tender, 8–10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and finish with a scattering of chopped parsley.