- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken or veal cutlets (4-5 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or sliced almonds toasted
- 1 small chili pepper (such as Italian cherry or Fresno), seeded and finely chopped, or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon grated orange or lemon zest
- 4 thin slices prosciutto de Parma
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 lemon wedges
Pre-heat the oven to 450°F. In a large skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat. Season the chicken (or veal) and cook, turning once, for 4-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, bring about 1/4 cup water and the sherry, if using, to a boil, scraping up the browned bits. In a small bowl, pour the liquid over the raisins and let plump for 5 minutes, then drain and chop. In a bowl, combine the raisins, cheese, parsley, pine nuts, chili pepper, capers, garlic and zest.
Mound the stuffing onto the cutlets and wrap with the prosciutto. Top each with one piece of butter. Bake on a baking sheet until the prosciutto is crisp, about 5 minutes. Serve with the lemon wedges.