- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsps. almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Northwest Triple Berry Preserves, or other Orchard's Finest® flavor
- Powdered sugar (optional)
HEAT oven to 350°F.
CREAM together shortening, sugar and almond extract in large bowl until well combined. Add egg; beat until light and fluffy. Add ground almonds, flour and salt; mix on medium speed of mixer until well blended.
ROLL dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheets. Indent each ball with thumb.
BAKE 20 to 25 minutes. Fill each indent with scant 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Return to oven; bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled, if desired.