- 1/2 cup sesame seeds (white or black)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, cut lenthwise into thin ribbons
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, tightly packed
Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the sesame seeds and alternate between shaking the pan and stirring the seeds. When the seeds start to pop, after a couple of minutes, transfer them to a plate and let cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegars, honey, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds, and 1 teaspoon salt. Pour the dressing over the carrots, add the cilantro, and toss well. Season with salt, to taste, and serve.