For the steak:
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Olive or canola oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- Coarse black pepper and kosher salt
For the Bloody Maria salsa:
- 5-6 vine-ripe or plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2-3 ribs celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pimento-filled green olives, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 rounded tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and coarse black pepper, to taste
- A small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 shots tequila
- 12-16 corn tortillas
- Crisp lettuce, chopped
For the steak, rub the meat with Worcestershire sauce, coat lightly in oil and rub in the paprika, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for a few hours. Bring the meat to room temperature and heat a griddle or grill pan to medium-high.
For the salsa, combine all ingredients together. Stir and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
Grill the meat for about 12 minutes, turning occasionally, for pink center. Rest the meat for 5 minutes, then slice against the grain.
Char the tortillas in hot skillet or over an open flame on a gas stove.
Serve the meat in tortillas with chopped lettuce and lots of salsa, rice and beans or grilled corn with lime, hot sauce and butter alongside.