- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
In a large reasealable plastic bag, combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, cocoa powder, cayenne pepper and salt and mix to combine.
Separate each biscuit and cut them into quarters. Add the biscuits to the bag; remove air from the bag and seal. Shake the bag until all of the pieces of dough are coated in the sugar mixture.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the butter and brown sugar until melted.
5. Arrange the biscuit pieces in the prepared springform pan in layers. Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the pieces and bake for 25-28 minutes. Cool in the pan for about 8-10 minutes before un-molding onto a platter. Serve warm.