- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 large or 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and grated, or pasted
- 1/2 cup pitted good-quality green olives
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds or pine nuts
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- About 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 6-8-ounce fillets white sustainable fish such as cod, haddock or halibut
Combine the basil, parsley, garlic, olives, lemon zest and juice, nuts, cheese, EVOO and salt and pepper in a food processor; process into a pesto.
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Place a rack in the center of the oven.
In a bowl, combine the pesto with the breadcrumbs.
Arrange the fish on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Top the fish with breadcrumbs and bake until firm and cooked through and the breadcrumbs have browned.
Serve with lemon wedges and side of whole grain pasta.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, visit