- 2 cloves garlic, cracked away from skin
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small loaf crusty bread, sliced
- 1/4 pound Sicilian oil-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 pound green olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stems
Heat two cloves garlic in EVOO over low heat in a small skillet. Char the bread slices under a hot broiler to brown on both sides. Dab the charred bread with garlic oil using a pastry brush and reserve the remainder.
Place the reserved oil in a small bowl with the chopped olives. Place the garlic cloves on a cutting board and pile together with the capers, red pepper flakes and rosemary leaves. Finely chop the garlic and herb mixture and combine with the olives and oil in a small bowl.
To assemble the crostini, spread the olive tapenade on toasts and enjoy!