- 3 starchy potatoes (such as Russet), peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch discs
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 16 thin slices pancetta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for dressing greens
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup veal stock or chicken stock
- 4-5 cups (4-5 big handfuls) arugula or baby arugula leaves
In a medium size pot, cover the potatoes with water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove the lid and cook until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart, 4-5 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the chicken lightly with salt and aggressively with pepper. Combine the rosemary, garlic and 2 teaspoons lemon zest, then rub over the chicken. Wrap each chicken thigh with two slices of the pancetta.
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, three turns of the pan, over medium-high. When the EVOO begins to ripple, add the chicken and brown until crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Add the wine, shaking the pan for 1 minute. Add the stock and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes, then remove to a warm plate and cover.
Drain the potatoes, then add them to the skillet, turning to coat in the sauce. In a medium size bowl, dress the arugula with the lemon juice and EVOO; season. Serve the chicken with the potatoes and salad.