- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (1/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, cut into half moons, then cleaned and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another. Whisk up the whites to medium-firm peaks. Whisk up the yolks with the dry mustard, Herbes de Provence, garlic, salt, pepper and the cheeses.
Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium to medium-high heat with the oil, one turn of the pan. When the oil is hot, add the leeks and lightly brown, 4-5 minutes; remove from the pan to a plate. Melt the butter in the skillet, letting the foam subside. Fold the egg whites into the yolks and pour the mixture into the skillet. Scatter the leeks over the eggs as they begin to set and the edges firm up. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden and puffed.
Serve with roasted cherry tomatoes and roasted potatoes alongside.