- 3 large spaghetti squash
- Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 large roasted red peppers (look for field peppers or large frying peppers more rectangular in shape and larger than Holland red bell peppers), homemade or store-bought or 10-12 piquillo (pimento) peppers packed in water, drained
- 1/3 cup Marcona almonds, toasted or roasted
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted or roasted and peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup loosely packed flat leaf parsley (a couple of handfuls)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- About 1 teaspoon Acacia honey
- About 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Halve the squash lengthwise and place cut-side down on baking sheets. Roast for about 1 hour, or until tender; turn cut-side up and shred the squash into spaghetti-like strands with the tines of a fork; season with salt and pepper.
Add all the ingredients except the salt to a food processor and puree. Season with salt, to taste.
Pour the sauce over spaghetti squash or cooked gnocchi and toss to combine.