- 1 1/2 pounds baby red-skinned potatoes, cut in half
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves (about a handful), chopped
- 4 McIntosh apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup all-natural apple juice or cider (it should look cloudy)
- 3 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
- Zest of 1 orange, reserving the juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 4 1-inch thick center-cut boneless pork loin chops (6-8 ounces each)
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with two tablespoons of EVOO and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes. During the last 15 minutes of cooking time, add the green beans to the baking sheet with the potatoes. Remove from the oven and garnish with parsley.
Combine the apples, brown sugar and apple juice in a medium pot over medium-high heat and cook until a chunky sauce forms, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the sauce begins to spatter as it bubbles, reduce the heat. Once the apples are soft and a sauce forms, remove from the heat.
Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with two turns of the pan of EVOO.
In a shallow dish, combine the orange zest and juice of the zested orange and the soy sauce. Add some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Dip the chops into the mixture and place in the hot pan. Brown and caramelize the chops for four minutes on each side or until the juices run clear. Remove the chops from the heat and let them rest a couple minutes for the juice to redistribute. Serve with applesauce, roasted potatoes and green beans.
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It's good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Pork Chops with Balsamic Brown Butter, Applesauce with Thyme, Mashed Potatoes and Celery Root
Roast Pork Tenderloins with Roasted Carrot, Parsnip, Potato and Warm Apple and Savoy Cabbage Slaw
Orange-Soy Pork Chops, Applesauce and Roast Potatoes with Green Beans
Pork and Fennel Patties with Roasted Fennel, Onion and Potatoes