- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/3 pound baby shrimp
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or white wine (eyeball it)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/3 pound angel hair pasta, cooked to al dente
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped or snipped
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Start the scampi sauce when you drop your pasta into boiling water to cook.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, about two turns of the pan, and melt the butter into it. Add shallot and cook a minute or two, stirring constantly. Add lemon zest and shrimp and heat shrimp through, another minute or two. Add vermouth or wine and tomatoes. Toss another minute to heat the tomatoes through.
Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat evenly in sauce and to distribute the shrimp. Season liberally with salt and pepper and serve with chives to garnish.